Saturday, August 28, 2010

Home!

Yesterday marked the first day of me being a Peace Corps volunteer! Our swearing in ceremony, luncheon, and goodbyes all took place within 4 hours and now I find myself... 18 hours later in Guiyang, my new home!

The good news is that the apartment was "cleaned". Enough that I didn't suffer a panic attack as I walked in the door... but there are still a few things to clean. It's a bizarre feeling to know that I don't have to talk to a host family member so the silent awkward moments are avoided - I don't have a curfew, and I finally get to act like a big girl! This is the beginning of the next two years for me. Monday the school year starts and for the first time, pretty much ever, I am walking in as the teacher! There will be more to talk about soon, but a quick hello to every one out there that it's going well (for now) and after this week I should be a bit more settled into my new home.

Pictures will follow of the apt./campus/city and the swearing in ceremony.

WM

1 comment:

  1. Hey whit, share your address when you get it! and keep bloggin', I love it :)

    love,
    big M

    ReplyDelete